How To Clean Ferrari Full Grain Leather
August 6, 2023
Jane Smith, Managing Director
Full grain leather is the highest quality leather used in Ferrari interiors, so it requires proper care and maintenance to keep it looking its best. Being full grain and in most cases veg tanned with a micro fine coating of colour on the surface all the pores in the skins are fully visible. Great care has to be taken with Ferrari Full Grain Leather as this can be easily damaged with the wrong cleaning and protection approach.
Here are some tips for caring for Ferrari full grain leather:
- Keep it clean: Regularly clean your leather seats to prevent dirt, grime, and oils from building up on the surface. Use a soft-bristled brush and a vacuum cleaner to remove any loose dirt or debris with a soft bristle brush attachment. Then, wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth or sponge using a gentle, pH-balanced leather cleaner. If the leather has not been cared for correctly then this may require using the soft bristle brush and leather cleaner rather than just a damp cloth with cleaner, to get into the pores and grain better.
- Condition regularly: Leather conditioner helps to nourish and protect the leather, keeping it supple and preventing it from cracking or fading over time. Apply a high-quality leather conditioner to your Ferrari's leather seats every three to six months, or as needed. Be sure to choose a conditioner that is specifically designed for use on full grain leather.
- Protect from sun damage: Direct sunlight can cause your leather seats to fade and crack over time. To protect them, always try to find a shaded area or use a windshield sunshade to block out the suns rays when parked. You can also apply a UV protectant to your leather seats to prevent sun damage, a good quality leather protection cream will give this protection required to help block out the harmful suns rays.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals, such as bleach, high acidic products, ammonia, high alkaline or solvents, on your leather seats. These can damage the leather and cause it to dry out or crack. Steam cleaning is even worse, this can create even more issues with delamination taking place causing leather hides to separate and fall apart.
Ferrari Full Grain Leather
Ferrari Full Grain Leather Showing Pores
- Address stains promptly: If you spill something on your leather seats, clean it up as soon as possible to prevent the stain from setting in. Use a clean, damp cloth or sponge to blot up the spill, then follow up with a gentle leather cleaner if needed. With Ferrari seats being an absorbent type of leather, you need to address spills immediately otherwise you will cause a stain. If you don’t clean them and keep them protected very regular they will wear out quickly, they need regular food with a good quality product like a protection cream or neutral restorer cream to bring back richness and suppleness.
By following these tips, you can keep your Ferrari full grain leather seats, soft, supple and in great condition for many years to come. Protection is prevention, make sure your Ferrari seats are fully protected as Ferrari leather is very different to that in most other modern cars.